Thursday, January 29, 2009

Mimosa, anyone?

How fitting that the Pantone color for 2009 is mimosa, a bright, yellow-y color reminiscent of a favored brunch refreshment?

Yellow signifies hope (sunshine, rays of light) and change (the changing of seasons - daffodils in the spring; fiery leaves in autumn). According to the Pantone Color Institute's official Color of the Year release, "Mimosa embodies hopefulness and reassurance in a climate of change."


Pantone Color Institute, I appreciate what you're trying to do for us with the pick-me-up color, I really do. It's a noble effort to do your part to ensure sunny skies in 09. And I like the color.

But this is particularly painful for me at the moment because without the home décor Bible, I have no inspiration for decorating with this vibrant yellow! And, with the economy in the state that it is, I'm afraid to spend to much dough on buying new mimosa-themed ensembles for work because I might not have a job by year's end!

So, Pantone, thank you for the effort - really. But I'm just not emotionally ready to embrace the 2009 Color of the Year. Quite frankly, I'm in more of a thundercloud gray mood, myself. Or at most, pea soup green.

I will perk up soon. I just need to finish mourning for my favorite monthly and recover from my exhorbitant speeding fines that I paid for last week.

Another pay period, another day. I will find another magazine or store to inspire me... (Helloooo, CB2! At least I still have you.) And I will carry on as my usually sunny (although really more preferential to Process Blue) self. And I think I could thoroughly enjoy a mimosa accessory or two (love that pillow).

For now, however, I just need a drink. Mimosas, anyone?

No comments: