Tuesday, June 22, 2010

old married lady.

Today marks our one-month anniversary as a married couple! I like being married. And as cliché as this is, our wedding was one of the very happiest days of my life. Had my dad been around, I'm sure it would have been the very best.

I was struck, over and over again, by the sheer awesomeness of our friends and family. I feel eternally grateful to them for all the amazing things they did - flower arranging, reunion organizing, hair styling, honeymoon arranging, accessory creating, and entire-wedding-day-including-shutting-the-place-down organizing. And most of the people who did all of this traveled from all over creation!

The best part about the whole bit is this: normally I would feel uncomfortable, obligated and slightly guilty about all of the work that people were doing for J and me. Odd thing was, this time all I felt was "the love." My nearest and dearest wanted to do this. They love J and me so much that they used all of their diverse and impressive talents in concert to start our marriage off with all of the support and good vibes they could possibly produce. It was blissful. The entire day. Weekend. Week. Experience.

I love J, but holy crap, how much to we both love our families and friends. Thanks everyone.



No comments: