Really what makes 21c different from all other hotels is it's vast private art collection, amassed by owners Laura Lee Brown and Steve Wilson. This is modern art: crazy paintings of men caressing mannequins, conceptual films with accompanying dioramas. Red penguins everywhere. Modern art, like my favorite - the Hirshhorn - oh how I would love to work there...
Our agenda for the weekend:
- leisurely, five hour drive from Huntsville to Louhvul with a potential stop in E-Town (as Mr. Addis calls it)
- if we can swing the work schedules, an organic wine dinner featuring french bistro food at 610 Magnolia
- perusing the downtown Louhvul art scene, including two(!) glassblowing workshops
- more eating, at Proof on Main, 21c's on site (and apparently fabulous) restaurant and wine bar
- troll the Urban Bourbon Trail
- music and dancing?
- and brunch. no vacation is complete with out at least one brunch.